1. You have written quite a few books in different genres, Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Contemporary Romance. Which genre has been your favorite to write in so far?
Hmm, it’s not so much about the genre as the characters, I think, BUT contemporary was the hardest for sure. Every time I wrote a HOT scene, I was like “Oh geez, what if my mother reads this?!” Scary.
2. If it is possible for you to choose, who has been your favorite character to write so far? (Pick more than one character if you need to.)
Cambria from the DirtyBlood series is such a blast. She has no filter and says whatever. I love it!
3. In your opinion, what are some character traits that all great heroines must have?
Inner strength (even if it’s buried deep or has to be cultivated), sass, deeply rooted sense of right and wrong.
4. In your opinion what are some character traits that all great heroes must have?
Sexy (sometimes sexy is on the inside too), and then same as above =)
5. What is one of the best pieces of advice you have ever been given about the writing/publishing process?
Enjoy the journey.
6. Do you allow anyone to give you feedback on a story while you are still in the process of writing it or do you wait until it is a finished product?
I usually wait until the draft is complete. Sometimes, I get to the end and realize things work better a little differently somewhere in the middle so I go back and revise it before handing it over.
7. Besides writing and reading, do you have any other talents and hobbies you could share with us?Motorcycles!!!
Love riding! I got my motorcycle license about a year and a half ago and love, love, love riding! I have a Honda CBR and ride it whenever I get the chance.And travel. My boyfriend lives in Guam so I am back and forth right now, splitting my time between my kids in Va Beach and him in Guam. Pretty spectacular life, I gotta say.
8. What was the first book you remember falling in love with?
The Hobbit.I wrote a whole fan fiction story after reading it (although I didn’t know what fan fiction was at the time)
9. Can you tell us anything about your latest writing project?
YES!!! I literally just got the green light to say all this to you!!!!!!!!I am reworking some things on Imitation/the series and signed it on with a publisher to re-release it. I am not allowed to talk DETAILS yet but it’s a HUGE, EXCITING thing and I CAN’T WAIT to share more!!
10. I like to do a short word association game at the end of an interview. I will start the sentence, and you end it however you like!
(A) I have always wanted to travel to… Thailand!
(B) I spend far too much time… on Facebook when I should be working.
(C) If I could go back in time, I would tell my 16-year old self… Everything’s going to be okay.
(D) If there were 8 days in a week instead of just 7, I would definitely spend more time… writing words.
(E) The world would be a better place if… everyone loved more.
Click on the covers to get more information on each book
The Dirty Blood Series:
The Clone Chronicles Series:
Dreamkillers The Complete Saga:
Other books by Heather Hildenbrand: