Hi! This is the blitz for Deception so Deadly and Deception so Dark by Clara Kensie! You can read my review of Deception so Deadly here. There is also a great giveaway opportunity in the blitz so make sure you check it out. Enjoy!
Originally published as the Run to You serial parts 4-6— Fourth Shadow, Fifth Touch, and Sixth Sense.
Deception So Dark is the complete second novel in the Run to You series, a riveting thriller about a family on the run from a deadly past, and a first love that will transcend secrets, lies and danger…
With no more secrets to keep them apart, Tessa and Tristan embark upon a desperate search to find her missing brother and sister. But not even Tristan can keep Tessa safe from the hostile classmates at her new school…or from the nightmare that haunts her even while she’s awake. As Tessa’s nightmare becomes all too real, her hope of getting her family back together feels ever more out of reach. When a psychic warns her that leaving town may mean her death, Tessa still cannot stay when she uncovers a potential lead to her brother and sister. Not even if she must go alone and risk losing it all: Tristan, her family, and even her life.
Run to You is Tessa and Tristan’s story—two full-length books about psychic gifts, secret lives and dangerous loves. Danger. Deception. Betrayal. It must be true love.
Please enjoy the very first page of DECEPTION SO DEADLY, Book One in the RUN TO YOU series. You can read the entire first chapter on my website.
My cell phone rang, loud and shrill, shattering the classroom’s silence.
He found us. He was coming.
The teacher scowled, reaching out her puffy hand to confiscate my phone as I slid it open and held it to my ear. Answer on the first ring—that was the rule.
One word, my mother’s panicked command: “Run.”
With trembling hands, I swept my American History notebook into my bag. Leave nothing personal behind—that was another rule.
Every second, he was getting closer. I stumbled toward the door.
“Maddie, where are you going?” Mrs. Landon demanded; then her voice softened. “Is something wrong?”
I rushed past her and out of the classroom, my breath coming in stuttery little gasps. Dennis Connelly was coming. How did he find us again?
I raced to my locker—the combination, what’s the combination?—and cleaned it out, stuffing everything into my bag. Flew down the stairs. Dashed down the hall, almost colliding with a girl carrying an armful of books. Sprinted past the office, reached the exit—
“Hey!” A security guard, belly hanging over his belt, grabbed my arm. “Where’s your pass?”
My brother darted over, lugging his book bag and saxophone. “Let her go,” he said, his calm and firm tone betrayed by the terror in his eyes. He pulled me away, and when I stumbled, he pushed me out the door. “Tessa, run!”
We were in public, but Logan had used my real name. We no longer needed our aliases.
FIVE RANDOM FACTS ABOUT THE RUN TO YOU SERIES:
- At sixteen, the heroine, Tessa, is as short as someone can be on the “normal” scale: four feet, ten inches. Someone once questioned if that height was realistic for someone her age, but both my step-sister Dana and my friend Lisa are 4’10.” So yes, it is.
- The hero, Tristan, doesn’t play football, but he is a Green Bay Packers fan. This just about kills my husband, who is a Chicago Bears fan. He feels betrayed.
- Tessa’s mother, Wendy, is inspired by Carrie White from Stephen King’s CARRIE, if she had grown up without the religious fanaticism and if she hadn’t gone to prom.
- Up until the last moment, DECEPTION SO DEADLY had two chapters labeled Chapter 36. It went 35, 36, 36, 37… I never noticed, and neither did anyone else, until the copy editor saw it at the very last stage of editing.
- My friend Mary told me about the song “Wildflowers” by Tom Petty after reading the original draft of DECEPTION SO DEADLY, and realized the lyrics would be perfect for it. That song has since become Tessa and Tristan’s theme song and is mentioned often in the books.
Enter the blitz-wide giveaway below!
This blitz was brought to you by: