Hi everyone! This is The pre-release swag sweepstakes for Love Like The Movies! I was able to do an interview with the author, and there are a lot of great prizes up for grabs in this sweepstakes so have fun and good luck! :D
Publication date: February 24th 2014
Genre: Adult Contemporary Romance
thrown into love—Hollywood-style–when her gorgeous ex presents a big
screen challenge to win back her heart. What girl wouldn’t want to
experience the Pretty Woman shopping scene? It’s number two on the list. Or, try the lift from Dirty Dancing?
It’s number five. One list, ten romantic movie moments, and a handful
of shenanigans later, Kenzi has to wonder…should she marry the man her
family loves, or risk everything for a love like the movies?
*CONTEST STARTS Jan 23rd and runs to Feb 24th
collected all things movies for an ultimate MOVIE SWAG SWEEPSTAKES!
1 GRAND PRIZE worth over $150
Free eBook of LOVE LIKE THE MOVIES and a popcorn gift basket with all
ten ROM-COM DVD movies from LOVE LIKE THE MOVIES! We’ll even throw in
the movie snacks!
Sleepless In Seattle - Pretty Woman – Bridget Jones Diary – 27 Dresses
Dirty Dancing – Sixteen Candles – Love Actually – Say Anything
You’ve Got Mail – My Best Friend’s Wedding
1. Have you always wanted to be an author?
Yes. As kid I started a newspaper featuring all the neighborhood kids. I still have a copy. We were quite the newsworthy bunch, very riveting stuff.
2. Who was the first person that you allowed to read your writings?
AJ, my aunt, was the first person outside of my parents. I was twelve, we were visiting, and I remember being nervous as I handed over my small journal of poetry. Her enthusiasm allowed me to believe in my own words. How cool is that?
3. How do you deal with writer’s block?
I find the story knows where it needs to be taken, so if I’m blocked, I’m fighting its natural course. That’s when you walk away. Read. Annoy friends on Facebook.
4. Besides your leading man or lady, who is your favorite character in Love Like the Movies?
Great question! I would say Tonya. Only because she’s so much fun to write. She’s full of sass and definitely falls into that frenemy status. Some of my favorite scenes are the interactions between her and Kensington.
5. Since this book involves so many Romantic Comedy references, I have to ask, what are some of your favorite Romantic Comedies?
Oh! Old or new? My list keeps growing! Classic ones include Sleepless in Seattle and 16 Candles. I mean, that kiss over the cake, swoon, right? New: Crazy. Stupid. Love. I’ve actually read the script more than once because it’s so genius. What’s your number with Anna Faris would be another. The scene where she suddenly sports an accent is comedic brilliance. The Love Like The Movies list includes ten romantic comedies, but I manage to reference many more throughout the story.
6. When reading or watching a movie, what are some of the traits you look for in a leading man?
I think your typical eight pack ab romance man is very different than your romantic comedy leading man. Don’t get me wrong, we still want the abs, we just want the heat to warm our hearts first. And if they can do both, watch out.
7. When reading or watching a movie, what are some of the traits you look for in a leading woman? Quirky and real. I want to like her and see a part of myself in the character.
8. Are you a fan of dramatic romantic movies or books, and if so, what are a few of your favorites?
So many romantic dramas that I love started as a novel: The Notebook, P.S. I Love You, even Gone with the wind. And I am so excited to see Winter’s Tale on Valentine’s day.
9. Are there any romantic movie clichés that you are just sick and tired of?
I think there is a predictable formula that works for this genre. And I believe it works because at its core is truth. And the truth is, well, love is funny.
10. Without giving any spoilers, of course, what can you tell us about Love Like the Movies that the synopsis didn’t cover?
If you grin ear-to-ear when Richard Gere snaps the jewelry box in Pretty Woman, if you laugh and giggle when Bridget Jones walks head first into embarrassing situations, and if you sigh when Jake Ryan leans in for that birthday kiss…this is your story. I wanted to recapture those heart felt moments while creating entirely new ones. I love Shane and Kensington’s story, and I can’t wait for everyone to meet them.
belt, mom of two, wife of one, and resident caretaker of the family
zoo—including our beloved, pot-bellied pig, Pobby.
This Tour was brought to you by: